Tuesday, August 28, 2007

More Kyle Turris

There's a story in today's Vancouver Province about (who else) Kyle Turris. It talks about how Kyle has bulked up (adding 10 lbs of muscle) and gained some more confidence this summer. I can't take credit for finding the article, as I saw it on Todd Milewski's blog. (Thanks Todd!)

Nice quote from Wayne Gretzky:
"I think he just plays the game the way the game should be played," Gretzky said in July. "He plays with tremendous vision and he's still only 17 years old. He's got a lot of great years ahead of him."
I'm not the best judge of things, but I saw Turris skate a bit at Cap Ice this summer, and I'm gonna go ahead and agree with The Great One -- Turris sure did seem to play with some pretty good vision.

Also a couple nice quotes from Kyle. I like that he's willing to address his weaknesses, and I really like how excited he is to be a Badger.

"Everyone knew I wasn't the strongest kid and that was one of my weaknesses I had to work on. I'm going to be doing that for the next couple of years - getting stronger and stronger to make sure I make it."
"I can't wait to get down there and start playing," Turris said. "I never second-guessed it. I made the decision a couple years ago and the hardest thing has been waiting. It was a great two years playing at Burnaby but I was just itching to go down to Wisconsin."

By the way, TSN and Rogers Sportsnet are providing live broadband coverage of the CAN-RUS Super Series.