Thursday, November 22, 2007

Badger Defensemen: A couple of links

Todd Milewksi has a nice article today on the Coach Osiecki and the 3 freshmen defenders.

Tom Gilbert has been playing quite well for Edmonton lately, and he gets some love in today's Edmonton Journal from Oilers' Head Coach Craig MacTavish and from his teammates. The article begins talking about how Gilbert has yet to receive a penalty this season, but it continues to talk about how smart he is on the ice -- makes good decisions, rarely out of position, etc. And, of course, Gilbert has some nice things to say, too:
"I'm getting more and more comfortable every game I'm out there," Gilbert said. "Getting a lot of power-play time has helped me, too, and I'm getting time on the penalty kill. That's really benefiting me.

"I just have to keep working hard. I want to be that guy who they look at in those key situations. But I am just keeping it simple still, and that's what's helped me have success out there. I just move the puck when I can and not try to do too much."