Monday, December 04, 2006

Girls High School Hockey Rankings

I've decided to "take the plunge" and start the Hockey in Wisconsin Girls High School Hockey Rankings. With 23 total teams playing Girls WIAA hockey this season, I've decided to do a top 5 list, as well as honorable mention.

H.I.W. Girls Top 5 Rankings
(December 4th, 2006)

1. Onalaska (4-0) With wins over Superior & Fondy/Waupun, they are a clear-cut #1
2. Superior (3-2) Beat Fondy/Waupun & lost to Onalaska
3. Fondy/Waupun (3-2) Two losses are to two teams above them
4. St. Croix Valley (2-1) Downed Appleton & Menomonie, and took Fondy/Waupun to OT
5. Badger Thunder (2-0) This week will be big with games against Madison & Fondy/Waupun

Honorable Mention:
Madison (1-0) I wish I knew if they beat Milwaukee North Shore on 12/1...
Point/Rapids (2-0-1) They tangle with #1 on 12/5
Appleton (1-2-1) Losses to Onalaska & St. Croix, tied Point/Rapids