Sunday, December 03, 2006

Nice Article on Kyle Turris

Andy Baggot has a very good article on Kyle Turris. It recounts his visit to Madison as a 15-year old in late October after visiting Minnesota the night before, as welll as Turris' considerable accomplishments since then.

The night Turris came to UW on his visit two years ago, I happened to come through the Player/Coach Ticket Will Call area right behind him. As we were both picking up our tickets I was trying to figure out who in the heck he was. At the time, I remember thinking he couldn't possibly be a recruit as he was about 5'6" and 140 pounds and looked like he was 15. Turns out not only was he a recruit, he's turned out to be a major league recruit. Looks certainly can be deceiving, especially without skates on.

In the last line of the article, Turris states, ""I wish I was there right now". In the understatement of the year, so do the Badger players and fans Kyle.