Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Wisconsin Hockey Division 1 Watch is Here

As if keeping this blog up doesn't take enough time, I decided to start a second blog. The second blog is Wisconsin Hockey Division 1 Watch. On that blog I intend to only keep lists of Wisconsin players in the USHL, NAHL, and any other players I think might be Division 1 hockey material at some point in their career. Most of these lists will be derived from other hockey sources I deem reliable as I am not an expert scout. Your comments and player suggestions are welcome there, and I'll have to decide with a little research if I think the players belong on the lists or not.

I'm doing this for many reasons. First of all, I've been very interested in how well Wisconsin (and Wisconsin high schools in particular) churn out talent for the University of Wisconsin ever since I heard Mike Eaves and his staff discuss the importance of having that "feeder system" in place. Second, I get tired of losing track of various players as they move around since there is no resource I've been able to find to track upper-end talent from Wisconsin. Third, I think other people will like this resource.

At some point I may attempt to list upper-end girls hockey talent from Wisconsin, but at this point I'm not sure I could put enough names up there to be worth it for anyone to look at. I may also start a list of Wisconsin players currently playing Division 1 & Division 3 hockey as these lists will build themselves over the years as players verbal and sign letters of intent off of my other lists.