Monday, May 29, 2006

Top-Heavy Team Stats for Madison Memorial

I came across an interesting stat page the other day. It was Madison Memorial's Boys Hockey season stats on Wisconsin Prep Hockey's site (go to WiPH Team Finder/Scoreboard on the right hand side toolbar and select Madison Memorial). I knew they had some high level talent in Keegan Meuer and Patrick Johnson on offense, as well as Johnny Byce on defense and was just taking a look at their numbers to see if I could figure out why they didn't end up making the state tournament. I was shocked to find that their third leading forward in terms of goal-scoring had just 2 goals! I guess that answers my question...depth was the reason they were not at the state tournament last season. Hopefully they had a chance to develop some more kids last season and will add some talent this year via younger &/or JV kids from last season.