Thursday, May 04, 2006

WAHA Girls Development Camp Invitees-Part Two

Two-thirds of the girls that tried out at the WAHA Festival advanced to the WAHA Development Camp. In my post regarding the Festival I picked out 26 girls that I thought played well. Twenty of them were named as having advanced to the camp. The six that were not named are Brianna Decker, Kim Tess-Wanat, Devon Ellena, Ashley Hietpas, Michelle Wanserski and Alexandra Ehlert Vaness. I refuse to believe that Brianna Decker and Kim Tess-Wanat were not invited. I also think that it is unlikely that the other four also were not invited. Why, you ask? Is it because I am the ultimate judge of hockey talent? No, it's just that Decker was the best forward at the Festival in my opinion and Tess-Wanat is very, very good. I'm guessing maybe some kids knew they would be gone for the Camp but wanted to play in the Festival and did so, letting WAHA know they weren't available for the Camp in advance. It's typically very easy to pick out both the best and worst kids at a tryout right away, which is about all I had time for. To have about 1/3 of my picks incorrect with as many kids advancing to the Camp as there are is just unlikely...