Sunday, May 07, 2006

Girls USA Hockey Development Camps

The selectees for the Girls USA Hockey Development Camps for the 1988-89, 1990-91 and 1992 birthdates have been announced.

Three of the six girls I had picked out as standout players at the WAHA Festival that had not made the WAHA Camp roster (which was causing me to scratch my head a bit) are on the USA Hockey roster. They are all 1990-91 birthdates-Brianna Decker, Ashley Hietpas and Kimberly Tess-Wanat. As the WAHA camp and USA Hockey Development Camp run simultaneously, and the USA Hockey Camp is a higher caliber camp, I now have my reason why those three girls weren't on the WAHA Camp roster. That still doesn't account for Devon Ellena, Michelle Wanserski and Alexandra Ehlert Vaness, although they could just all have other obligations.