Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Recruiting Great Players...With Younger Brothers

I think I've figured out one of Mike Eaves' secret recruiting practices he feels will pay off big down the road. Recruit great players....with younger brothers! If he can get a bunch of familes with great hockey bloodlines to send all their kids to UW, much like the Suters, he can't help but be successful!

I was thinking about this as I noticed that there is an Alex Bearson playing for the Chicago Mission Midget Major team the other day. With a little digging, I found he was from Naperville, IL, which is where incoming UW recruit Zach Bearson is from. I also had noticed that Blake Geoffrion has a brother Sebastian playing for the Varsity A team at Culver, and a brother Brice playing for the Junior Varsity team at Culver. That's a nice pool of 3 potential high-caliber players who will have ties to UW...not a bad thing to have!

I'll have to see if I can find any apparent siblings among the rest of the UW recruits for next year.....