Thursday, February 07, 2008

Goin' to Houghton Link-o-Rama

I'm goin' up to Houghton to watch my two alma maters face off during Winter Carnival, but don't worry, you know I'll be wearing Cardinal and White. Before I go, I thought I'd better do a little linkorama regarding this weekend's series, recent recruiting news, and some miscellaneous items that I have been delinquent in posting.

CHN has the Tale of the Tape, Todd writes about the Badgers' road strategy, and the Badger Herald and the Daily Cardinal both write about the Badgers moving on from last weekend's split. No TV this weekend, of course; radio coverage only. I'd expect Todd will have game-night updates in his blog, and Paul Capobianco will also be blogging live on uwbadgers.com.

According to Todd's blog, Justin Schultz, the Badgers most recent recruit, loved everything about his visit to Madison. Baggot also has more in today's WSJ.

Todd also had some recruiting and alumni updates in his blog yesterday. Badger recruit Patrick Wiercioch has been removed from IR, Badger alum Joe Piskula has returned to the lineup for Manchester after being injured for a month and a half (so that's why he wasn't playing -- I had wondered but hadn't looked very hard), and Badger alum Matt Hussey has left the Lake Erie Monsters. Todd also has updated stats for Badger recruits and Badger alumni.


The Badger Women travel to Duluth this weekend, and uwbadgers.com takes a look at the rivalry between the Badgers and the Bulldogs.

Badger freshman Hilary Knight had a 5-point weekend, including a hat-trick, and she was rewarded for her efforts by being named WCHA Rookie of the Week. And in case you missed it (DPlaya posted it the other day), the Daily Cardinal had a nice article about Hilary.

I've been delinquent in posting these, but the Badger Herald has had some nice articles recently about a number of the Badger Women: Mikka Nordby, Jinelle Zaugg, the freshmen defensemen, and Erika Lawler. (The last article is a few months old, but I couldn't remember if I had posted it previously.)

Also, before last weekend's series, Todd Milewski had a blog entry on the Badger women, but I neglected to mention it here at the time. I hope we'll continue to see coverage of the Badger Women in Todd's blog!