Friday, October 26, 2007

Badger Alumni Update: Blackhawks/Icehogs

A quick update on a few Badgers who are part of the Blackhawks organization. Jake Dowell seems to be on a bit of a roll. After scoring just 1 assist in his first 4 games, he has scored a goal in 3 of the last 4 games. He scored a shorthanded goal @ Chicago on 10/19 and he scored even strength goals v. Manitoba on 10/25 and 10/26. He didn't score @ Grand Rapids on 10/20, but he was was a starter that night (I could be wrong, but I think that's the first time he's made the starting lineup), so I'm guessing he's playing well and that the coaches like him. Although to be honest, it's hard to find much news about the Icehogs.

I wish I could tell you more about Jack Skille. He scored a goal yesterday but apparently was hurt in the 1st period and didn't return. He didn't play today.

I haven't been paying much attention to the Blackhawks lately, but I see that the most recent HawksCast includes a conversation with Adam Burish. (Adam's interview starts at the 11:30 mark.)