Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Nigel Williams Thoughts & Interview from Hockey's Future

Hockey's Future has a new article discussing the Colorado Avalanche's draft, including the fact that UW recruit Nigel Williams slipped all the way to them at pick #51 in the second round. Nigel's thoughts from the article on slipping in the draft and how it will drive him to work harder than ever:

“I’m not really worried about where I get drafted," he said that day. "This next couple of years I am going to prove myself, this has nothing to do with how somebody’s going to do in the NHL or anything like that. If anything, it’s driving me right now, it’s going to drive me to be a better player. When I'm in the weight room gritting my teeth I’m going to know why. First round, screw that, I am going to grit down harder, I’m going to get an extra squat in there. So I think, if anything, it’s helping me.”

Sounds like UW has an ultra-talented pissed off 6'4 226 pound defenseman for next season.....