Sunday, June 25, 2006

Girls High School Summer Tournament in Fond du Lac

My spies have reported back from the Fond du lac Girls High School Hockey Summer Tournament that the Central Wisconsin Storm and new Wisconsin Rapids/Stevens Point coop faced off in the fifth place game. Fondy/Waupun faced Baraboo in the third place game. Appleton and Green Bay played in the Championship Game.

According to my spies, Baraboo apparently brought along some Capitol players for the tournament and had a full roster of at least 15 skaters while Fondy/Waupun had 10 skaters. Unless those Capitols players are making the jump to WIAA this coming season, I can't understand why you would bring them along. My preference as a Coach would be to develop my own players and get them as much ice time as possible at any time of the year.